What is Business Manager Job Description
The primary business manager job description is to manage the day to day activities of the business concern and to achieve the short as well as long term objectives and goals of the business concern.
The main features of Business Manager Job Description is as follows-
- The Manager should avoid any sort of friction between the board of directors and the employees for ensuring smooth functioning of the business concern.
- Utilizing the employees placed below him to the maximum of their capacities.
- Utilizing all the available resources more efficiently and effectively. Optimum utilization of available resources like raw material resources or other resources like land, electricity, etc is the key to success, and increasing the bottom line.
- Planning and organizing all the activities in a particular order or sequence for attainment of the organizational goal.
- Establishing proper, understandable, simple standards and then comparing the performances to check the quality of work executed.
- The Manager has to provide a secure environment to his sub-ordinates in the work place. He should defend his employees from unnecessary physical or mental exploitation.
- The Manager should look to consider the personal problems of his sub-ordinates and try to solve them too. Once the person is free from personal and professional problems, he is bound to give an excellent performance at the work place.
- He should carry out all the day to day activities effectively and efficiently without troubling the board of directors or his seniors too much.
- He should make proper research on produce required and raw material quality and costs and produce a good proposal to the board of directors, so that it is approved.
- Should manage all the costs, the variable, the fixed and the average costs to exercise economical production and optimum production.
- The Manager is responsible for maintaining good relationships with the employees, the suppliers, the creditors, the debtors and even the investors.
- He should co-ordinate all the functions of the concern for time management and accomplishment of the goal before an assigned time schedule.
- Put forward some agendas and suggestions from the employees to the board of directors and vice-versa. The Manager can be considered as a medium of interchange of thoughts and ideas between the board of directors and the employees of the organization. He should be responsible enough to convey the message rightly and allow the smooth functioning between the board of directors and the employees.
- He has to develop and establish some controlling and monitoring methods to track the progress and right potential of the employee.
- The Manager has to have a leadership quality. He has to lead his team well. This is because, the execution of these day to day activities requires effective team work and a team needs a good leader to perform the best.
- The Manager has to ensure quality recruitment procedures. The recruited employees are the once who are going to lead the company in future. Thus, it is essential for the manager to find suitable candidates for the good functioning of the business concern.
- He has to provide good and effective training facilities to the selected ones. As the training directly influences the output which they produce in the future.
- He should also ensure that his sub-ordinate employees are being helped in order to attain their personal goals too. This assurance helps the employee to devote themselves more towards the organizational goals rather than personal goals.
- He should manage the publicity methods for the business concern as publicity is necessary for the sales of products. And the publicity directly reflects the image of the business concern. So, selection of right sponsors, release of right pamphlets for the effective publicity of the company becomes vital.